Thursday, February 18, 2010

Injured Candelabra!

A sad thing occurred in my dining room today...


I have often identified my aqua candelabra as my "favorite object" in the house. It has been part of the dining room since the day my sister gave it to me at my bridal shower six years ago and not a day has gone by that it hasn't caught my eye-even if only for a split second. I truly adore the color and style of this piece and never even consider moving it to another room or putting something in its place-which, for me, is rare because I rearrange almost daily! It must be love!
(I know if you're reading this you probably like to rearrange too!)

But for the THIRD time in its life, my beloved candelabra has come undone.



Yes, It has already been glued together at the base and on the arm. But today, I really did it in...



Not only did the entire arm break off, but it shattered into pieces! I have to admit-it was all my fault. While on the phone I noticed some dust on it and decided to mindlessly wipe it with a damp paper towel. Oh, how I would much rather my dusty four arms than this...


The super glue is currently setting. Keep your fingers crossed!
I'll let you know how it goes.
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment