Thursday, February 25, 2010

Local Bargains and City Scores

As you know, this past weekend I had planned on doing some bargain hunting. I only managed to hit one store - a fairly new local thrift shop - but it was definitely worth it!
This chippy white oval mirror is now mine!


At a mere 5.00, it was a great bargain! I think it will make a charming addition to almost any room and I've yet to decide where to put it. Possibly Noa's Big Girl Room?
As you can see from the pictures, the mirror is resting on a weathered wood surface...

This drop leaf table caught my eye right away.

It was piled with old milk crates (which, unfortunatley, weren't for sale) and very hard to spot, but I knew this would make for a great before and after project! I'm thinking a quick sanding, some milky white paint and a bit of distressing and this neglected little table will be transformed into a beautiful, classic piece of furniture. Here's a side view...


But what is all that stuff on top of the table, you ask? Some more bargains from... Anthropologie! Yes! I made my way into NYC on Tuesday and found some pretty sweet deals at Anthropologie. But first, a look at the 15.00 price tag on the table. I still can't get over it!



Whenever I go to Anthropologie I fall in love with all the colorful decor. My house is quite pale and I lean towards a lot of white in my decor. But, I always leave Anthropologie with a few colorful items I can disperse throughout the house. So, I bought some monogram card sets with our last initial on them. They are beautiful in person and the board they are made from is heavy duty stuff. The original price was 16.00 a box and they are now on clearance for 3.95! I'll probably frame one and hang it in the kitchen.

Speaking of the kitchen, I think Anthropologie oven mitts are so pretty and have had the same two for the last five years. Needless to say, they are very durable, but they were looking pretty used and abused. So, I invested in two more and plan on using these for another five years. At the original price of 12.00 each I consider them a useful investment. Plus, they add a pop of color to the kitchen.

If you're looking for drawer pulls, act fast! People were swarming the sale bins. I found these great milk glass pulls for 2.95 each. I think I'll use them on my dining room cabinet.


Nugget wanted to get in on the action...I also got a magenta hair bow for her which was also on clearance. You might be able to spy it in some of the earlier table shots.

My absolute favorite Anthropologie purchase was this turquoise clay urn...


I love the color, shape, material and 8.00 price tag...

If you like it, I suggest you zoom to your nearest Anthro to scoop some up. I regret not getting a few more. They come in three shapes and an earthy yellow color too if blue is not your thing.

Hmm..I think I might order some more from their website.
If you decide to do the same, Happy Shopping! If not, I envy your restraint!
Have a good day!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment