Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pink Green and Puffies

Since we're still in the getting to know you phase, I thought I'd tell you a little more about myself. I am the proud mother of Noa, our 2 year old little girl who loves to "decawate" hang "ownaments" and make "puffies" just as much as I do! Though it's sad to admit, she has just about outgrown her crib and a big girl room is right around the corner. But until the last possible second, I'm still enjoying her room as it is.

The special thing about Noa's room is that it is a culmination of gifts from friends and family that were given to us in anticipation of our little nugget's arrival.


The NOA letters were hand made by my friend Bonnie-she painted them without even knowing the colors of the room!



The green crib was a gift from my dad, the plush rocker was given to us by my mother in law, and the painting was done by my mom! It is of a little girl listening to a story her mother is reading. If you look closely, you can see the tail of our little black pug Norma sticking out from behind the mother-that's my favorite part!


The huge pink tree was painted free hand by my husband before Noa was born! When he posed the idea of doing a tree mural I almost had a heart attack because I had no idea how it would turn out since he had never painted/drawn anything-ever. But once it was done I loved it!

Such a sweet gift from her daddy!


Noa and I made the pom-poms/puffies together. Most are our own, some are Martha's. I don't think I'll ever tire of them. No matter how "everywhere" they are!


This table is another Grammy original. My mom made this, tutu chair and all, for Noa's 1st birthday. She loves sitting here to read.


The wardrobe was originally mine from my dad when I was in my wicker phase...


...and the switch plate is a contribution from my good friend anthropologie!

Thanks for stopping by. I must apologize for the quality of the photos. I am clearly not a photographer-but I should at least know not to take pictures in the dark-oops! Have a good one!

Vanessa

3 comments:

  1. Noie's room looks beautiful in person and even more so in photos....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little girl's room! Is the crib painted green or is that just the color on my computer screen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jennifer! Yes, the crib is actually green! That's how it came-we didn't paint it. The green spindle crib was a must have for me as soon as I saw it at the store. The color scheme kind of came together after that. Glad you like it and thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete